GPSa Knowledge Platform

LEARNING HOW TO TELL YOUR STORY – PART 1 – Follow up

GPSA Knowledge Platform forums Forum LEARNING HOW TO TELL YOUR STORY – PART 1 – Follow up

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of William William 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of William
    William
    @wt48
    US

I was not able to participate in the January 18th webinar, but I was hoping to generate in this forum, feedback from those who were able to attend. Before going further, does anyone have a link, if it was recorded, that I can view it after-the-fact?

To explain why is it important to me? Allow me to point you to a music video by Flocabulary, which was played on opening day at Davos World Economic Forum. It explains the Sustainable Development Goals -SDGs. It breaks down in 2 minutes in a way even children can understand…. I rate it as ‘BEST YET’ Produced by the Educational Outreach Section, UN PI – additional footage from UN TV. Check it out on the UN website – < http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/unifeed/asset/1642/1642828 >

I have been fortunate to have been able to work abroad for almost 25 years during my career. I am a retired UNHCR staff member, and am continuing my life-long efforts to be a humanitarian and bring about peaceful outcomes around the globe.

I’m preparing to tell my story on this GPSA platform, which I have found to be populated by like-minded people from around the world.

My current work is aimed at creating a Community of Practice (CoP), aimed at bringing new players to the table to speed up the pace of achieving successful outcomes against the SDGs over the next decade. I have attached below a UN document that provides articles that highlight to focus your responses about the ‘…lackof public trust by citizens and significant gaps between expectations held by citizens on the responsibilities of their governments and actual governmental actions’.

I have been fortunate to have participating in another WBG platform (C4D), and completed a number of MOOCs, over the last few years which have given me invaluable support for this effort.

Concluding, I would love for learn from your observations about “LEARNING HOW TO TELL YOUR STORY”. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

0 Responses on LEARNING HOW TO TELL YOUR STORY – PART 1 – Follow up"

How Can I Contribute to the Knowledge Platform

You may contribute to the Knowledge Platform in many different ways: you can send and disseminate your social accountability materials (toolkits, reports, videos, etc.) in the knowledge repository; you can contact, interact and collaborate with other peers and join a global community of social accountability practitioners; you can participate in the different learning and knowledge exchange activities of the GPSA KP such as online courses, thematic forums, webinars and blogs; and you can develop a partnership with the GPSA KP to implement collaborative knowledge activities.

2016 GPSA Knowledge Portal. All rights reserved | Terms and Conditions
To participate in all the learning and sharing activities, you need to be registered Click here to create your account