GPSa Knowledge Platform

Washington DC Meetup?

GPSA Knowledge Platform forums Forum Washington DC Meetup?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ivan Ivan 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Rebecca
    Rebecca
    @drrebeccag
    United States

Are there people taking the Community Engagement coursera course here — or generally interested in community engagement — who would like to come to a MeetUp? If yes, I’m thinking Saturday morning, place to be decided. Anyone?

I am interested in talking about the GPSA platform, networking with professionals and people with interests in community engagement, globally and locally. If you’re not in the coursera course, that’s okay. This would be a get acquainted meeting.

I’m a local in the DC area, living in Northern Virginia and a 20 year veteran in developing and working in community engagement through virtual means. Thanks!

Profile photo of Ivan
    Ivan
    @ivanbutina
    United States

Hi Rebecca,

I could be interested if there were other people as well. Maybe you didn’t get responses here because this platform is too global, targeting the southern part of the World in particular. Did you try to see if there’s interest by posting directly in the course’s forum or looking for similar groups on Meetup.com, Facebook, or LinkedIn?

At the World Bank Group there are many people who work on social accountability and citizen engagement, and I’m sure that there are others at the Inter-American Development Bank. Also on the local level, DC itself should have plenty of activists interested in the topic.

Ivan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

0 Responses on Washington DC Meetup?"

How Can I Contribute to the Knowledge Platform

You may contribute to the Knowledge Platform in many different ways: you can send and disseminate your social accountability materials (toolkits, reports, videos, etc.) in the knowledge repository; you can contact, interact and collaborate with other peers and join a global community of social accountability practitioners; you can participate in the different learning and knowledge exchange activities of the GPSA KP such as online courses, thematic forums, webinars and blogs; and you can develop a partnership with the GPSA KP to implement collaborative knowledge activities.

2016 GPSA Knowledge Portal. All rights reserved | Terms and Conditions
To participate in all the learning and sharing activities, you need to be registered Click here to create your account